Tuesday 18 September 2012

How much is your face worth? tag

"How much is your face worth?" tag & mini review of each product. 

 
Here is the "How much is your face worth" tag and a mini review of each product. (I'm not a makeup artist or anything like that! Just my opinion for how each product worked for me).

Since I started working at my local Debenhams I've been obsessed with makeup and everything to do with makeup! I don't actually work on a makeup counter, just womenswear, but I always find an excuse to go and look at all the new products out on the counters! However, I do not have bottomless pockets therefore my daily makeup routine is a mix of high-end and drugstore products!



So to begin...

Primer
I've recently rediscovered this Smashbox, photo finish light, oil free primer after rooting through my stash of products while packing for university, so I've decided to use it up as there's only a little left. As I have incredibly oily skin (boooo!) so I find oil free products really work at helping my makeup last longer! The texture of this product is amazing, very silky and smooth, it works really well however I think I prefer Benefit's porefessional. This cost me £25.00.
Foundation
I came across MAC studio sculpt a couple of times and finally purchased it, in the shade NW15, in Manchester airport on my way to Tenerife this summer. I love the gel like consistency of this foundation, as I don't have great skin and like a medium-full coverage foundation however I don't like it to look like I have a lot of makeup on. I'm really enjoying this foundation and will be repurchasing it when it runs out! One tip for this foundation is to apply it with a sponge rather than a brush, as it seems to exaggerate the brush strokes. This cost me £24.00.


MAC Studio Sculpt foundation in NC15

Concealer
Another MAC product, bought on a recent trip to Selfridges, MAC's select cover up in the shade NC20. I've not had many giant spots recently so haven't really been using a blemish concealer (MAC's studio fix for me), I use the select cover up for dark circles under my eyes, I think this concealer works, however its not amazing and I won't be repurchasing it. (However, a little goes a long way so I think i'll have this tube for a while, which is always a plus). This cost me £14.50.
Powder
My bargain beauty product!! As I've mentioned I have oily skin so this Stay Matte powder by Rimmel caught my eye in Superdrug. I bought this powder first in the "translucent 001" shade as I just wanted something to reduce shine. However, I find even though this has no colour it makes me look pale? I don't know how this happens but it does, so recently I bought the same powder but in the colour "peachy glow 003" and this doesn't seem to give the same ghosty effect! This cost me all of £3.99.
Bronzer
It may seem excessive, but I use three different bronzers, some times I use a little of each, Hoola by Benefit allover my face, NARS laguna for contour and 10 by Benefit as a highlight around my eyes/temples. If I'm in a rush I will just put Hoola on as I love the colour, I may be alone when I say this but I much prefer the colour of Hoola to NARS laguna, I just find NARS laguna gives a bit of a dirty muddy colour compared. Hoola and 10 cost me £23.50 and NARS was a gift from my dad when he went to America with work, however online it costs £25.
Eyebrows
This is my most high-end product that I bought recently on a trip to Edinburgh to see my best friend perform at the Edinburgh fringe. It's the Tom Ford Eyebrow sculptor in "espresso". I saw this on a blog post but can't for the life of me remember who's it was. Anyway, while I was in Harvey Nichols I just couldn't resist. As I'm going to university soon I've started to think I need to buy handy, portable makeup as I will be travelling home (4-5 hour train journey) a lot. So the way this product had a wax based eye brow pencil, sharpener and eyebrow comb all-in-one I thought it was perfect! I haven't had this product long however I am absolutely loving it! It's so easy to use and with it being wax and me having oily skin it seems to last longer than a regular khol pencil! This cost me £32.00. (Expensive I know!! But it was a little beauty splurge after my hard work during my A levels).
Mascara
This is the sample size of Clinique's High Impact mascara in black. I got this sample in a company magazine I believe a while ago. Like the Smashbox primer I found this while rooting through my un-used beauty products and decided to use it up before buying another full sized one. This mascara doesn't give amazing volume but it grabs every single lash and fans them out amazingly! It's fine as an everyday mascara, however I find myself adding Bobbi Brown Extreme Party Lash if I'm going out just to add a bit more darkness and volume! This cost me nothing as it was a freebie, but it would usually cost me £16.
Eyeliner
This is a Lancome kohl eyeliner in black. This was in a Christmas set along with Hypnose mascara and is therefore sample size and I don't know exactly which one it is (sorry!). This is a great mascara for getting a simple, black kohl line and seems to last a long time without smudging. This cost me nothing as it was a freebie!
Lipstick
The lipstick I use is from MAC, a glaze in the shade "HUE". This seems to be a blogger favourite and I must say I really like the colour, I'm not a vibrant lipstick wearer during the day and I think this is the perfect nude shade, not too nudey so it make you look dead but still gives you a blank canvas look. This cost me £14. (Sorry theres no picture of this or the lipgloss, it's been deleted from my phone!)
Lipgloss
The lipgloss I use if from Dior in the shade "265" and was very kindly given to me as a birthday present by my boyfriend. It's a lovely pinky peach colour with lots of sparkle. The sparkles are really obvious up close but not as obvious from far away, which i prefer. I put this on top of MAC's hue or wear it alone, depending how I'm feeling on the day!

After totting up the total, my face is worth: £223.49. This is pretty shameful as I don't have a full time job, however a few of these products have been in my makeup bag for a while and are therefore investment pieces!

Do you use any of these products? What do you think? How much is your face worth?

Thanks for reading, Emily x











No comments:

Post a Comment