Wednesday 19 September 2012

TRESemme haircare haul

TRESemmé haircare haul & first impression.


 
On a recent trip to Tesco to get bits and bobs for university I noticed that it was 3 for 2 on all TRESemme products. I bought 6 (two of the blow dry lotion, one for me and one for my mum) and here are the five different products that I bought.

TRESemme, Liquid Gold restorative complex, Argon Oil
Perfecting treatment 75ml RRP £6.99
Firstly the Argon Oil, I've wanted to try out an Argon Oil for a while, I spotted Kerastase's Lumiere liquid from their Cristalliste range and thought it sounded ideal as its formulated for fine, longer hair. However there was nowhere local for me to buy this product and it has a hefty £16.50 price tag! So I thought I'd buy something a little cheaper to try first, in case I don't like Argon oils altogether. This Tresemme product stood out to me because the packaging is lovely and very luxurious feeling for a cheaper product. The product itself smells amazing and has a thin oily texture. The instructions suggest that you use one pump through damp/dry hair from the mid-lengths to the end, so I think this 75ml bottle (the only size they offer) will last me a long time. I'm really looking forward to trying this product!

TRESemme, 24 hour body, blow dry lotion 250ml
RRP £5.39 
Second is the Blow Dry Lotion from the 24 hour body range. This is my 3rd bottle of this product, I use it after a shower before I dry my hair by spraying it allover my hair focuses more on the roots. I then dry my hair using a regular hair dryer on a medium heat setting and a round vent brush. This product does what it says and adds volume to my hair, however it is not a magic potion and I think drying my hair using a vent brush does add to the volume just as much. I do notice when I haven't used this product as my hair seems limper and this is my 3rd bottle so its definitely worth a try if your looking for something to add volume. One thing I don't like about these products is the packaging as it plastic, there probably isn't any other packaging this product could have but I just dislike thin plastic packaging.

TRESemme, salon finish extra hold hairspray 500ml
RRP £4.79
Third is the Tresemme Salon finish hairspray in the strength "extra hold" (4/5). This product isn't from the 24 hour body range which was an accident by myself, as it has the same colouring as this range (black and pink) I thought this was the hairspray that went along with the other products. However, I now realise there is a specific hairspray for the 24 hour body range, Oh well! Anyway, the hairspray comes in a huge 500ml can so I think it will last a long time. I chose the extra hold version as I only use hairspray when I go for a night out and therefore want my hair to last all night. The smell of this product though is horrible, I find this with all Tresemme hairsprays they seem to have a off putting alcoholic smell which just isn't nice! However, this seems to disappear after you've put it on so it doesn't matter too much.

TRESemme, 24 hour body amplifying mousse 225ml
RRP £4.00
Forth is the Amplifying Mousse from the 24 hour body range. This is my 2nd bottle of this product, I use it after a shower while my hair is still quiet wet by pumping out a handful of foam then scrunching it into the roots of my hair. I then comb through my hair to try and spread the product down through my hair and blow dry as I do when using the Blow dry lotion (above). This product claims to add voluptuous body and bounce which i believe it does! I use this primarily for nights out as apposed to every day and it does add a lot of volume to the hair and makes it appear fuller and thicker! This product comes in a large 225ml can and I find that if you don't use it for a while the mousse stops plumping out as a foam and just comes out as a runny gloup which isn't useful! I don't know if this is just this product or all mousse's as I've only ever used this one.

TRESemme, Instant refresh, volumising dry shampoo
200ml RRP £4.69
Last but not least is the Volumising dry shampoo for fine to oily hair. Since discovering dry shampoo I've been an avid user of Batiste, however having brunette hair the white powdery residue left with this product is just a nightmare! I have used their brown hair version but find it makes my hair really sticky and unmanageable. I bought this because of the 3 for 2 offer as I think it's quiet expensive for 200ml of dry shampoo. This product does have a really nice smell, a lot nicer than any of the Batiste ones. It seems to soak up oil very well without leaving any sort of white powdery residue which is great, this product is also formulated to add volume (there are other dry shampoos in the range that do other things) which is always a plus when you have fine hair. I'm really excited to start using this product properly!
 

Have you ever used any of these TRESemme hair products? What did you think?

Thanks for reading! Emily x














2 comments:

  1. I purchased Tresemme Products online from Awesome bazar. Awesome Bazar provides best competitive prices product and fast delivery process . Really very nice service of awesome bazar, Awesome bazaar best Shopping destination. Find At https://awesomebazar.com/brands/tresemme/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tressemme is good Hair Fall Control Shampoo. Do use it regularly for best results.

    ReplyDelete